Orivet's proprietary dog DNA test will reveal the breeds that make up your dog. Receive the breed percentages report specifying the exact breed percentages of your dog. This dog breed identification test also includes a LifePlan™ for the ultimate management of your pet's health throughout their life. Included with this kit is your pet's very own personalized wellness plan based on their breed, age, weight, gender, geographic location, and lifestyle. The Orivet LifePlan™ includes a schedule you may follow with your veterinarian to implement a customized wellness plan for your dog.
National Geographic & Orivet have joined forces to shine a light on the genetic traits that make our beloved pets unique.
Highlights of Orivet Dog DNA Test
- Percentage levels of each breed
- Adult weight prediction for dogs under 1 year of age
- Insights into your dog’s personality & behavior
- Discover heritable health risks & what to do about them
- Nutritional suggestions for your dog
- Routine health care advice & alerts (e.g. vaccination overdue)
- Activate your kit online
- Collect your dog's DNA with our specialized swabs
- Mail the DNA samples to the lab using the pre-paid envelope provided
- Wait for the results. You can expect to receive results within 3 to 4 weeks
Results are presented in an interactive online account where you can constantly update your pet's records such as weight, body condition nutrition, health records, and medication
- PLEASE NOTE THAT TURNAROUND TIME FOR THIS TEST IS UP TO 4 WEEKS UPON RECEIPT OF SAMPLE
"This information is just amazing, how they could tell so much from my dog's DNA was mind blowing, I recommend to do the breed ID test first (unless you know) and order the genetic health book - all my family and friend did this and they are all wrapped."
"I’ve always thought my dog was part beagle because that’s what the adoption agency told me, but it ends up he’s not! Thanks to this product I now know my dog’s actual makeup! How cool is that!"
– Geoffrey Brewster